|The School of Distance Education (SDE) of Bharathiar University was established during the academic year 1991-92. The school has limited its operation for the obvious reason of strengthening its base to provide quality education. Having realized the objective, the school has started extending its action by identifying and approving study centers throughout the country to help achieve a higher gross enrolment ratio and higher literacy rate.|
|The school at present has 125 centers spreading over 23 states as study centers cum spot admission centers, and the number is steadily increasing as more and more evinced interest in starting study centers.|
|The school directly admits candidates and conducts the personal contact programs at specified Personal Contact Programmes (PCP) centers in Coimbatore. Study centers cum spot admission centers enroll candidates and conduct the Personal Contact Programmes in their centers or at specified regional centers. The study materials prepared in the prescribed format of the Distance Education Council (DEC) are provided to the students supplemented by compact discs for hassle-free use anywhere at any time without the burden of carrying the course materials. Contemplated providing a video conference-based learning facility.|
- Fee exemption granted to Disabled.
- Attending Contact Seminar is not compulsory for all courses.
- Excellent and individual student service
- Examinations, twice a year, are always on fixed dates and the results are also announced on fixed dates.
- Exclusive career fairs/job melas are conducted at Bharathiar University for Distance Education Students.
- No entrance exam for all courses, including M.B.A. and M.C.A.
- Students undergoing regular courses in Colleges can also join another UG/PG course through Distance Education.
- The annual pattern of Exams (Non-semester)
- Question Papers also in Non-semester pattern
- Exam and Result dates are intimated on Admission itself.
- Study materials provided in print and also in CD (Not textbooks)
- Fees in two installments can be paid in all State Bank of India or Bank Of India Branches without any DD commission
- More than 100 Study Centres cum Spot Admission Centres all over India.
- Hazel free easy admission process
- Variety of job oriented, and simplified courses
- Candidates are permitted to write the examination in Tamil also
Applications are issued around the year and filled in applications including downloaded softcopy accepted and enrolment is made a continuous ongoing process throughout the year.
Academic year batch : Filled applications received / spot admission done from 1st May to 30th November.
Calendar year batch : Filled in applications received / spot admission done from 1st Dec to 30th April.